I’ve been a bit absent from the blogging world for a few days. I just need some time to gather my thoughts – I feel like I could easily blog about the same handful of things ALL.THE.TIME. And while I love those things, a lot, I’ve needed to put my focus and energy in other places lately. BUT, I needed a laugh this morning, so I decided to do one of those “Ask your child this without prompting” things, and the answers my kids gave were too cute/funny not to share!
Hopefully you’ll get a good chuckle out of them, too! E is my 3 year old son, and B is my 6.5 year old son.
1. What is something mom always says to you? E- What you sayin’? … B- Be good!
2. What makes mom happy? B- Chocolate ….. E- Tractors
3. What makes mom sad? B- Naughty kids ….. E- Tractors
4. How does your mom make you laugh? B- Underwear! …… E- Underwear!
5. What was your mom like as a child?E- tractor ….. B- find one by the road that nobody has
6. How old is your mom? B- 100 …… E- 3
7. How tall is your mom? E- 3 …. B- 5ft
8. What is her favorite thing to do? B- Spend time with family! ….. E- Eat chocolate
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around? E- Go bye bye ….. B- Go to ni-ni and papa’s.. you always go there when I’m at school without me!
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? B- oils ….. E- hollaaaa!
11. What is your mom really good at? B- Oils ….. E- chocolate
12. What is your mom not very good at? B- building like me and daddy …. E- chocolate
13. What does your mom do for a job? B- oils …… E- chocolate, no! oils!
14.What is your mom’s favorite food? E- chocolate ….. B- brownies
15.What makes you proud of your mom? B- oils …… E- flowers
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? B- Goldie Locks …….. E- Can i go outside now?
17. What do you and your mom do together? E- paint your room …….. B- last year, one day, we went to the movie theaters just me and you! and we got popcorn and cotton candy and we got tea. i remember!
18. How are you and your mom the same? E- same!! yeah! …….. B- our skin colors
19. How are you and your mom different? E- different is red! …….. B- i’m stronger!
20. How do you know your mom loves you? E- different red! ………. B- cuz you spend time with us
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? E- red! …………… B- he’s a good builder
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? E- go Chuck E Cheese! ……………. B- *long pause for thinking* what’s like a funeral, but not and really close to now? oh! the family reunion!
23. How old was your Mom when you were born? E- 3! ……… B- teens!
Haha! Okay, I feel the need to clear a few of these up.
- #4- BOYS. Lol!
- #5- We talked about fostering and foster children the other day while driving because one of our friends has been selfless and blessed enough to have this opportunity! But apparently, that went right over his head.
- #6- I’m surprised B said 100…he knows I’m 24, we were just talking about birthdays the other night!
- #18- B has recently started asking why people have different skin colors. We tell him that God made us all differently and we’re all the same on the inside. I’m assuming this one sticks out for him because we’ve also discussed adoption, and if the opportunity arose we’d gladly adopt a child with any skin color!
- #22- I about fell out of my chair laughing at B’s response.
A few other observations-
- Apparently I eat too much chocolate. And when I do eat it, I hate sharing.
- We’ve been trying to get E to tell us how old he is, and obviously he finally understands 3!
- Clearly E is tractor obsessed.
- We’re in the middle of a remodel and I’ve been told many times that I am NOT the builder the boy’s daddy is. My husband is pretty handy, but I definitely don’t envision things the way he does, and frequently get fired from helping him.
- Oils. It made my mama heart about burst listening to them give “oils” as an answer for several questions. The only truth my kids know is the truth my husband and I model for them. Young Living Essential Oils has changed my life, and my babies see that. That is empowering. Today, I CHOOSE to keep pushing forward and reaching people who are looking for alternatives to mainstream products. Reaching people who want to be the gatekeepers to their homes and want to help others become the gatekeepers to theirs. I wonder how many “no’s” I can get today?
I hope you have a wonderful “Hump Day!”