Next up on my list for Essential Oil coverage is Lemon. Mmmm, Lemon. The scent of Lemon Essential Oil is so bright, fresh and cheerful. I can’t help but be positive when I use it!
Did you know?
It takes approximately 75 lemons to create ONE 15mL bottle of Lemon Essential Oil!
Lemon Essential Oil is cold-pressed from the rind.
Lemon Essential Oil contains the naturally-occurring constituent Limonene.
Young Living has a line of dietary essential oils called the Vitality™ line.
- The Vitality line is intended for internal consumption and Lemon is one of the Vitality oils! Lemon Vitality
- Disclaimer: There are MANY opinions on internally consuming Essential Oils. Please do your own research. Personally, I ONLY consume Young Living’s Vitality line internally. Make an educated decision that is right for you and your family. The Young Living Blog and The Essential Oils Safety Guide are a good place to start.
So, how do I integrate Lemon Essential Oil into our everyday life?
- Add a drop to facial moisturizer to promote healthy skin.
- Add a drop to conditioner to smooth and shine hair appearance.
- Add a few extra drops to my Thieves Household Cleaner to bump up the bright, fresh smell of my house! Don’t have Thieves Cleaner yet? Use your Lemon EO in vinegar to clean!
- Diffused with Lavender and Peppermint so my kids can enjoy the great outdoors sniffle-free!
- Diffused to boost my mood – it just smells too good to be glum!
- Put a drop in my sink water when I’m doing dishes and in my dishwasher.
- Put a drop in my clothes washer so laundry smells bright, fresh and clean!
- Add 8-10 drops to a 4oz spray bottle, fill the rest with water, and voila! Room freshener!
- Natural gum and grease remover.
- Add one drop of Lemon Vitality to our morning fruit smoothie.
Lemon is extremely versatile, just like Lavender! AND it’s one of the least expensive oils Young Living has to offer! At less than $15 per bottle, it is affordable and well worth the money! Lemon is also included in the Premium Starter Kit! Curious about the Premium Starter Kit? (It’s an awesome value!!) This post should start to answer your questions!
Here’s a yummy recipe (thanks to my Mama) using Lemon Vitality!
Lemon Sugar Cookies
Mix together 3/4 cup softened butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 2.5 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 2-4 drops of Lemon Vitality Essential Oil. Refrigerate for one hour. Then Roll into 1in balls, press flat, and bake at 400* for 8-10 mins. Enjoy!
Do you incorporate Lemon into your life another way? I’d love to hear about it!
“If something truly changed your life, how could you not tell others about it?”
*The testimony in this post is exclusively mine from personal experience. Not all oils work the same for every person due to our naturally occurring frequencies.
*I am not a medical professional. The opinions on this blog are exclusively mine. They have not been reviewed by the FDA or any other government agency. It is recommended to consult your doctor before starting to use Essential Oils. Do not disregard a medical professional’s recommendation based on the opinions stated on this blog.